Need a service code for TurboTax software? Turbo Tax is America’s most popular tax preparation software because it’s simple and the most proficient at finding every deduction. Choose their “Free” version for simple tax returns, or get a $10-20 discount with our exclusive deals, codes, & coupons. That’s a sweet little deduction!
- Is TurboTax “Free” edition really best for you? – Why it might be better to spend more upfront on Deluxe or Premier (use a coupon!) to get a bigger tax refund.
- When will I get my IRS refund? New estimates for refunds by direct deposit or mail
Best TurboTax coupons for :
TurboTax: 10% Off - Exclusive! Ends 6/30/17
$54.99$49.49 | Premier: $79.99$71.99
$114.99$103.99 – Best price online!
- *Coupon not working? Try logging out of turbotax.com, click our promotion, then login again. (No service code needed) – Apply
TurboTax FREE Edition - 2017
For simple / 1040EZ tax returns. Free Federal efile included, State extra.
DELUXE: 10% Off - Ends 6/30/17
$54.99$49.49 – Most popular TurboTax for homeowners, etc.
PREMIER: 10% Off - Ends 6/30/17
$79.99$71.99 – Best for those w/ investments or rental properties.
SELF-EMPLOYED: 10% Off - (Home & Business) Ends 6/01/17
$114.99$103.99 – Freelancers, contractors, small business.
TurboTax: 10% Off - (Semi-exclusive) Ends 6/30/17
Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed. Click to apply our exclusive coupon:
STUDENT Edition: 2017 - Ongoing
TurboTax discount for students. No promo code needed:
TurboTax BUSINESS - (Windows only) 2017
$159.99 – S Corp, C Corp, partnerships, estates, trusts & LLC
TurboTax MAC 2017: 10% Off - Ends 6/30/17
Intuit will detect your Mac, Apple, or iPhone. No service code needed:
TurboTax Canada: 10% Off - 2017
What are TurboTax Service codes?
- A service code is issued directly to customers by customer support agents for a specific discount, credit, or free product.
- Each sequence of numbers is good for one use only.
- Codes usually consist of 7 or more numbers
- All service codes expire on October 15th of each tax year
- Each promo code is intended to be non-transferrable, often for members of organizations like USAA or Fidelity. If you find one online or on a message board do not use it
- No coupons or vouchers are valid towards State filing fees
- If you enter invalid digits and your computer begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head
Actually, the good news is that most of the time you no longer need to enter a code, and discounts are applied instantly when you click on a promotional link. You’ll get an obvious confirmation of the discount when you click over to turbotax.com like this: (sample)
*Note: Confetti and euphoric non-hatred of doing taxes not included.
Tip: The best offers and discounts for up to a 20% discount are available early in the tax season. (usually in early February) As the tax deadline approaches, most deductions are capped at 10% off.
How to enter a coupon code:
You’ll get a chance to enter a code after your total tax refund is determined. Here’s how:
- Login to the site and click the take me to my return button
- With your online return open, click file. It should say, “Just # more steps.”
- Next, click the Review your order link
- At the bottom of the screen click the “I have a service code” link
- Enter the series of numbers, and then click continue. Your discount should be applied
- Check your savings against our featured deals for the best price
- Each code is unique, and can only be used once
What if my service code or coupon is not working?
*If you’ve already started your tax return on turbotax.com (before using a coupon) you might not see the new, discounted prices. If it looks like an offer isn’t applied, try logging out of TurboTax.com, clear your browser cache, and then click on a promotional link again.
*If successful, you should see a message on the order verification page (just before you complete payment and efile) that says, “Your discount has been applied.”
Also, you’ll find that the best discounts are available not from a code, but from promotional links (like this one!) that instantly apply discounts and seasonal promotions when clicked. If you have a code that isn’t working, it has probably expired or has been used already by the specific customer for whom it was issued. In the rare event that an actual service code is needed to get a discount, we’ll be the first to post it on this page.
Also note that certain deals are product-specific. For example, a $25 off Deluxe promotion is specific only to that version, and will take you to a landing page specific to that offer. Also, discount codes for consumers will not work for their business software.
Our Turbo Tax Discount Works On: Deluxe, Premier, & Self-Employed 2017 Editions
Just as there is no single hat that properly fits all cats, there is no single TurboTax edition that will be appropriate for all people. Make sure you get all of the deductions that you qualify for by choosing the right version, even if it means paying more for the software. Consider that a single missed deduction can cost you hundreds of dollars.
- Deluxe Edition 2017 – Their most popular edition, TurboTax Deluxe is a must for those with kids, home, or medical expenses. Mac or PC
- Premier Edition 2017 – The main advantage of this version is that it covers the sale of stocks and bonds, which cheaper versions don’t. Get exclusive service codes above!
- Home & Business 2017 – If you have a small business, are a sole proprietor, or own a rental property, this is probably your best bet.
- Federal Free Edition 2017 – Great for simple 1040EZ/A tax returns, and still free to file Federal taxes. Although rare, look for their promotion that includes free state filing in 2017. Remember, all editions include free eFile!
- Student Edition – Students may qualify for significant education tax credits and deductions.
- TurboTax Canada – For those who are North of the border, click for the best price here. cliquez pour la version française ImpôtRapide
- Military Edition – If you are a member of the armed services, be sure to check out their discounted Military Edition here.
- Business Edition – Turbo Tax Business Edition for S Corp, C Corp, partnerships, estates, trusts and multi-member LLC is not included in most promotions, but we usually have a separate discount available specifically for small business or LLC
- Basic Edition – No longer available. We recommend the Deluxe version as a great alternative.
“To Free, or Not to Free?” That is the Question
When something free is presented to us, such as free bourbon chicken sample at shopping mall Chinese restaurant, it is hard to resist. However, consider that the Free edition is meant for very simple tax returns, such as for students, or those without children or a mortgage. (Filed as 1040EZ/A)
When you think about it, paying $50-100 up front is a better investment than going cheap and potentially losing out on thousands of dollars of deductions. Much of the time the small investment in the “Deluxe” or “Premier” edition is a good one, and will more than pay for itself in the tax deductions that it finds. Plus, many people find that by the time they complete their (not-so simple) filing, the free version costs a lot more than they expected!
However, if you find that the Free Edition meets your needs, compare it against other top free tax preparation software to make sure it’s the best option. You can also read the latest reviews for customer feedback and complaints.
It’s (Turbo Tax) Business Time: S Corps, LLC, Estates, & Trusts
Most of the featured deals from Intuit are for their popular software suite intended for consumers and sole proprietors. Look for our special coupon for $10-25 off their Business software for S Corp, C Corp, partnerships, trusts, estates, and multi-member LLC.
Thanks for checking in, and good luck this tax season!