Specific discounts may be available for members of banks or financial institutions like Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Vanguard, or Fidelity. If you bank online, check your client dashboard for a potential discount on TurboTax software.
In most cases, the discount is the same as our own exclusive discount, but in certain cases, it could be better. (*Note: A number of these banks have stopped offering a discount on TurboTax, but we will keep this page updated with new offers)
Look for TurboTax discounts from popular banks and financial institutions including Fidelity, Chasse, Bank of America, Robinhood, and more. :
1. Chase TurboTax Discount:
There are 3 ways to get a discount on TurboTax as a Chase customer: through Chase.com, Chase Offers, or Chase Rewards. Here’s how it works:
1. Online through your Chase.com account:
I’m a Chase customer, and while I have seen them offer a TurboTax discount in the past, it may not be available this year. Here’s how to check:
- Log in to your account at Chase.com
- Click on the Investment Forms link
- Click on Chase Tax Center
- Look for the TurboTax logo and/or a TurboTax promotional link
- Click and you will go to the Chase-branded affiliate page on TurboTax.Intuit.com with discount pricing
- Choose from TurboTax products Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed
- If you already have a TurboTax account you must sign in
- Start your tax return
- In the File section you will come to the Review your order screen and see the discounted price along with the message, Your discount has been applied.
2. TurboTax Discount in Chase Offers: (Mobile App)
Your best bet for the Chase TurboTax discount is probably through Chase Offers on their mobile app:
Just activate the deals you want in the Chase Mobile® app or online, including the TurboTax discount, if available.
Don’t have the Chase Mobile app? You can find it on Google Play or the App Store.
3. Chase Freedom Card:
Chase Freedom cardholders may be eligible for a special price on TurboTax during tax season. The Chase Freedom card also allows you to earn 5% cash back each quarter on up to $1500 on eligible purchases. That amounts to $75 per quarter, or $300 cash back per year in that quarter’s bonus categories. (not bad!)
Should you decide to put that cash back towards filing your taxes, you should have more than enough to cover the entire cost of filing with TurboTax, even if you use their Self-Employed edition!
If you use Chase Online, look for the Chase TurboTax discount here: https://accounts.chase.com/intuit/turbotax
*Update: It looks like the Chase TurboTax discount is currently not available, but you can use our similar discount here
*Related: If you have simple taxes, consider the TurboTax Free Edition!
2. Fidelity TurboTax Discount:
If you are a Fidelity customer, you can login and get up to $20 off TurboTax. Just check your account or email for a service code, then click here to use the discount. Fidelity may even offer select clients TurboTax Deluxe or Premier for free! Here’s how to get the Fidelity TurboTax discount:
- First, you’ll want to log in to your account at Fidelity.com
- Next, under Accounts & Trade, click on Tax Forms & Information like this:
- Scroll down that page and you’ll see a Tax preparation offers section with links to TurboTax, H&R Block, and TaxAct discounts like this:
- Click on the TurboTax logo where it says, “Save up to $20 courtesy of Fidelity“
- You’ll be brought to a page that gives details of the current TurboTax offer like this:
- Scroll down and click on the link that says, “Get TurboTax now and save up to $20“
- You’ll be taken to an offer page at TurboTax.Intuit.com
*Which Tax Software is Better: TurboTax or H&R Block?
No service code is necessary to get a discount on TurboTax through Fidelity.com.
Fidelity Free TurboTax?
If you are a premium Fidelity client you may even qualify to get TurboTax Premier for free. If so, you will probably be notified both by email and in your account at Fidelity.com. Look for a message indicating that you can get TurboTax free starting in January.
To get Premier free, you may need to enter a service code at checkout.
3. Bank of America Discount:
Did you know that you can get cash back from your TurboTax purchase if you are a member of Bank of America’s BankAmeriDeals? To do so:
- Login to your Bank of America online banking account
- Under “Accounts,” click “cash back and coupons”
- Search for TurboTax under “Available” offers
- Buy TurboTax through the link and get 10% cash back
BankAmeriDeals is also now available as an app.
Alternately, you may be able to get a discount for TurboTax directly from Bank of America. During the early part of tax season, look for an email from Bank of America that contains a discount for TurboTax software.
The email should contain a special affiliate link specific to Bank of America, and when you click it the coupon will be activated. For details on how to get a TurboTax partner discount, click here.
4. Vanguard TurboTax Discount:
While Vanguard offered a TurboTax discount for a number of years, it looks like as of 2018 this offer has ended. (Sorry!)
If the Vanguard TurboTax discount is offered again, we’ll be sure to post it here.
5. American Express Discount:
As an AMEX cardholder you are eligible for a number of discounts and perks, including a potential discount on TurboTax software or download.
*Update: It appears that the AMEX discount is not currently available. You can watch your AMEX online account for news of the TurboTax discount, or use our similar discount here.
Do you use mint.com to manage your finances? Both Mint and TurboTax are owned by Intuit, so look for a $20 credit in your email in January.
How to Apply a Partner Discount for TurboTax:
To get one of these partner discounts, don’t login at turbotax.intuit.com. Instead, follow these steps:
- Start at your bank, credit union, or insurance company’s website (not at intuit.turbotax.com)
- Login and click the “TurboTax offer” link and it will take you to a special branded landing page that shows special pricing (No discount code is needed)
- Select a TurboTax product, sign into your account, and begin your tax return
- When you finish your tax return and review your order, you should see the sale price and a message that says, “Your discount has been applied”
- If your coupon isn’t working, try this
Discount for TurboTax not Working?
TurboTax and Fidelity both employ serious security on their websites, so sometimes coupons and cookies are blocked. (Who doesn’t like cookies!?)
Here’s what to do if the promotional pricing is not applied:
- Sign out of the TurboTax website
- Delete your cookies
- Click on the TurboTax logo / promotion again at your bank website
- Sign into TurboTax
- Select Tax Tools on the left nav
- Click Tools, and select the My Fees button
- The Chase discount should be applied
As you can see, you don’t need a service code! Of course, none of these steps work if Chase is not offering a discount on TurboTax through their website!
Overall, it seems as though TurboTax discounts from banks are getting rarer, as financial institutions like Chase, Fidelity, and Bank of America seemingly discontinue their affiliation with Intuit.
The good news is that smaller websites like ours offer the same deal for up to 20% off TurboTax. Thanks for stopping by Mighty Taxes, and good luck this tax season!