TaxAct is a tax preparation software and online platform that helps individuals and businesses file their federal and state tax returns. It offers a user-friendly interface and a range of tools to guide users through the tax filing process, including tax calculators, deductions, and credits.
TaxAct is known for its affordability, offering free and low-cost filing options, making it accessible to a wide range of taxpayers. TaxAct also provides optional expert help with all online editions for an extra fee.
Here’s the best coupon, how much TaxAct costs and how to get the best possible price.
We post all TaxAct coupons on this page.
1. How Much Does TaxAct Cost?
The price you ultimately pay for TaxAct depends on these factors:
- Whether you file online or download software
- Which TaxAct edition you choose
- Whether you add optional expert help with Xpert Assist
- How many state tax returns you file
- When you e-file your return. Prices are lower early in the tax season!
The most popular way to file with TaxAct is online, so here’s what you can expect to spend.
2. TaxAct Online Pricing:
Here is the cost of filing at TaxAct.com including state filing fees and optional expert help:
- FREE: $0 + $39.95 per state
- DELUXE: $50.95 + $54.95 per state filed
- PREMIER: $74.95 + $54.95 per state filed
- SELF-EMPLOYED: $99.95 + $54.95 per state filed
You can add expert tax assistance with TaxAct Xpert Assist to your online filing for $39.95. Learn more at TaxAct.com
Bundle and save: TaxAct offers an All-Inclusive Bundle that includes Refund Transfer, audit protection, and Xpert Assist for $136.95 learn more
3. TaxAct Download Pricing:
While most people prefer the convenience of filing online with optional help from a tax expert, others like to download software. Here’s the latest TaxAct Download cost:
- BASIC: $44.95 + $60 per state
- DELUXE: $139.95 includes 5 federal e-files and 1 state return
- PREMIER: $149.95 includes 5 federal e-files and 1 state return
- SELF-EMPLOYED: $159.95 includes 5 federal e-files and 1 state return
TaxAct also offers a Professional Edition for CPAs and tax professionals. Here’s how much the professional software costs.
4. Professional Edition:
TaxAct Professional Edition is popular for tax professionals and CPAs. You can try it free before buying, and take advantage of cheaper pricing early in the tax season:
TaxAct Professional Cost:
- Professional Federal: $150 per edition + $35 per state + $22.50 per e-file
- Pro 1040 Bundle: $825 unlimited 1040 E-filing
- Pro Complete Bundle: $1575 for all Federal and State editions + unlimited E-filing with dedicated support
View discount pricing at TaxAct.com/professional
5. TaxAct Cost vs. TurboTax:
TaxAct prides itself on being a cheaper alternative to TurboTax for filing your tax return. Here’s the latest price comparison:
Tip: You can pay your product fees for Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed in advance of filing to take advantage of this cheaper pricing.
6. How to Get the Best Price:
To get the best possible price on TaxAct file early online at taxact.com and use a coupon. If you’d sleep better with audit coverage, consider the All-Inclusive Bundle with many features at one discount price.
Also, even though expert assistance with Xpert Assist is an extra fee, it can save you hours. That might be a good investment because time is money!
I hope we were able to clarify how TaxAct pricing works and maybe even save you some money.
Not sold on TaxAct?
While TaxAct is a popular choice for filing taxes online and up to 25% cheaper than the industry leader, it still might not be your choice. For that reason, please check out our coupons for Turbo Tax and H&R Block so that you get the best price possible whether you use TaxAct or not.
*Related: How Much Does Turbo Tax Cost?
Thanks for visiting Mighty Taxes!