Wondering where your tax refund is, and when you will receive it? Here’s how to check your refund status with the IRS online, TurboTax, and even by phone with the IRS. Here’s how to check your tax refund status now:
Where’s My Refund? How to Check Your IRS Refund Status Now:
- Go to the IRS “Where’s My Refund?” page. You can find the link to the page on the TurboTax webpage mentioned above, or you can navigate directly to the page by going to the IRS website (www.irs.gov) and searching for “Where’s My Refund?“
- Gather your information. You’ll need to have the following information ready to check your refund status:
- Your Social Security number or ITIN
- Your filing status (single, married filing jointly, etc.)
- Your exact refund amount
- Enter your information. Once you’re on the “Where’s My Refund?” page, enter your Social Security number or ITIN, your filing status, and your exact refund amount into the corresponding fields.
- Click “Submit”. Once you’ve entered your information, click the “Submit” button.
- Check your status. After you’ve submitted your information, the page will display your refund status. There are three possible status messages:
- “Return Received“: This means that the IRS has received your tax return and it is being processed.
- “Refund Approved“: This means that the IRS has finished processing your tax return and has approved your refund. Your refund should be issued soon.
- “Refund Sent“: This means that your refund has been sent to your bank or other financial institution.
- Check the status regularly. If your refund status is “Return Received”, keep checking the status regularly. If it has been more than 21 days since you e-filed or more than six weeks since you mailed your paper return, you should contact the IRS for more information
How do I check the status of my tax refund without a computer? If you don’t have access to a computer you can call the IRS at 800-829-1954 to view the status of your Federal tax refund. You’ll still need the same information including your SSN.
Checking Your Refund Status With TurboTax Refund Tracker:
If you use TurboTax, consider using their Where’s My Refund Tracker. This will show you how to find the status of your IRS refund and you’ll learn about common refund delays.
If you don’t know which tax software to use, we’re happy to recommend TurboTax. We have an exclusive discount to share which can save you up to $20 on their online products including Deluxe, Premier, and Self-Employed.
You may also have access to a TurboTax discount through your bank, organization, or credit card. We have a list of who is offering a TurboTax discount here.
Thanks for visiting Mighty Taxes!